Interactive 3D models form the bedrock of saVRee, but we also employ other learning mediums.
saVRee’s expert engineers have distributed reading material (written content) throughout the saVRee program. Personnel can use this to complement the other learning mediums they encounter.
Interactive 3D Models
All 3D models in saVRee are fully interactive. This allows users to:
- Click (left click) – clicking on annotations will load extra information such as images, text or hyperlinks.
- Zoom (mouse scroll) – zoom-in to view details closely or zoom-out for an objective viewing position.
- Rotate (left click and drag) – orbit around 3D models to view them from any angle.
- Pan (right click and drag) – move from left to right tangentially to the 3D model being viewed.
If a picture is a thousand words, how many words is an interactive 3D model?
Training videos are integral to saVRee. There are many benefits gained from using training videos:
- Reduced man hours – cohesively edited videos give your personnel the exact information they need without wasting their time.
- Scalable – videos can be distributed en-mass and viewed many times.
- Cost Saving – good training videos can be used for years, with every viewing increasing the benefit to cost ratio.
- Increased Retention – selected videos contain quizzes that require correct answers to continue viewing. Quizzes increase learning retention. They can also help confirm that viewers understand the video’s key aspects.
- Monitoring – detailed reports show which personnel have completed the relevant training video quizzes and how much of the video they actually watched (watch time).
Custom Training Videos
Custom training videos help ensure valuable ‘know how’ stays in your company. This lasts long after your most experienced and knowledgeable engineers retire.
You can use pre-purchased screen recording software to record engineers as they manipulate saVRee’s 3D models. As they do this, they can also provide voiceover commentary.
After you’ve made a rough recording of your video, we’d be happy to give it a professional edit. Simply email it to us and we’ll edit it and provide high-quality voice-over narration. You can embed the final video into your saVRee package.
Please note that custom work (including custom training videos) is only available on your licensed accounts. This ensures your company ‘know how’ remains yours.
Please get in touch for more information concerning custom orders.
Standard saVRee Training Videos
Our in-house engineers create tutorial videos using screen recording software while interacting with saVRee’s 3D models. As they do this, they draw upon their wealth of knowledge and experience to comment on areas of interest.
We then edit these videos and combine them into a final version to which we add professional narration. The final result is a well presented, concise and informative training video.
Training videos, when used with other saVRee features, represent a complete training package with many benefits over traditional learning mediums.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Virtual reality isn’t the future, it’s now.
All saVRee’s 3D models can be viewed in virtual reality using suitable VR headsets. VR provides a low-risk alternative to on the job training, whilst retaining the experience of performing tasks in the real world. It has many benefits:
- Realistic – simulate the real thing and real training scenarios (e.g. maintenance tasks).
- Low risk – no risk of damaging high-value assets during training.
- Effective – higher retention and recall rates.
- Safe – train in a controlled environment.
- Flexible – train anywhere, any time.
- Enjoyable – VR learning is fun!
Quizzes are designed to consolidate what has been learned. saVRee can record each quiz result, together with additional KPIs and metrics. Employees can monitor their quiz progress over time. Training supervisors can also monitor this progress and review additional KPIs on demand.
Quiz Front End
Employees can track their results and work towards additional certificates and rewards. This is ‘gamification’: the process of turning a learning activity into a game.
Gamification is addictive and proven to motivate people to achieve more than they would without any incentive. It’s is an ideal way of motivating employees to both learn and keep their knowledge current.
Quiz Back End
Training Supervisors can monitor the quiz results of a single employee or thousands. Additional KPIs include how often employees train, what quizzes they take, scores, average session duration, time spent watching videos and many more.
Alternatively, training supervisors can launch new custom courses and monitor results.
Click here to learn more about how saVRee’s data can improve your training programme.
3D animations show viewers exactly how real-world machinery items work. Each animation usually includes props like arrows and labels, which help viewers understand what is happening, and why.
Using podcasts, users can listen to commentary as they interact with the 3D models. They can do this on their computers, or on the go.
Click on the box below to listen to an extract from one of our podcasts.
"saVRee Grain Silo Introduction"
Handbooks Quiz Booklets
Most saVRee online courses have associated Handbooks and Quiz Booklets. Handbooks are provided in PDF format and form useful study guides. Quiz booklets are also provided in PDF format and allow students to test their knowledge after completing a course. Having resources available in PDF format enables students to work offline if they wish (each PDF can be printed).
Completing an online course quiz leads to the issuing of an associated course certificate.
saVRee contains dozens of infographics. Each infographic is designed to convey important topic information visually. Infographics can be easily printed or viewed online; an example is shown below.
Augmented Reality (AR)
Augmented reality draws digital images or text upon a user's view of the real world. AR is useful if you wish to project an image or text onto a real-world object. An example of AR viewed through a hand-held smartphone is shown below: